The Essence of Healing
Did you ever get a new toy and, while playing with the features, find a whole new set of possibilities? Well, I did just that with my new BioMeridian equipment. The software has 100,000 substances from dozens of reputable companies built into it’s resources. I located a few that I had never heard of as I searched one day and found some interesting features under the category of “Western Australian Flower Essences”. As I read details about the essence of ‘paw paw’, I realized that some of my patients could use that. This peaked my curiosity and set me on a search through the other essences.
During this time of discovery for me, Sharon, our office manager, was facing the difficulty associated with losing her sister Mary Beth who was in the final week of her life. Being concerned for Mary Beth’s comfort, I suggested a combination of essences to aid in promoting peace and calm. We decided to use a spray due to the fact that she was unable to swallow or communicate. As Sharon applied the mixture as a spray, Mary Beth quickly calmed down and her overall agitation diminished greatly. Nurses in charge of her care noticed the dramatic changes and commented about them over the coming days as they also applied the spray, as instructed by Sharon, when Mary Beth showed stress. When she passed away, Mary Beth’s family felt the loss greatly. Another essence was used to aid them in coping with that loss. Sharon specifically noticed dramatic shifts in her ability to focus and maintain a positive outlook while taking the essences during that difficult time. Another patient showed stress over a legal meeting out of town. When the essences were used for her, she also noticed great improvement in her ability to cope and function emotionally.
Many of my patients are extra perceptive and actually feel the power of the essences. Others feel a more subtle shift. When emotions and character traits are in need of a change, consider facilitating that change by their flower essences. As the energy of the essence is released, is eases the transitions from current state of being to an improved state.
The Australian Flower Essences are similar to Bach Flower Remedies in helping to resolve many emotional difficulties. With over 150 essences to choose from, the Austalian Flower essences provide and opportunity to use them with much greater focus than the Bach version.
Western Australian Bush Flower Essences
Apathy *62 *99*
Avoids confrontation *126*
Bad karma *15*
Burned out *6 *65*
Busy Body *39*
Character assassination *116*
Close minded *48*
Creative work *128*
Critical *18 *91*147*150*
Digestive problems *47*
Deep Hurt *121*
Depressed *75 *99*
Do not touch me *36*
Easily discouraged *62*
Easily disturbed *106*
Escape responsibility *13*
Emotional Pain *121*
Emotionally unsettled *115*
Environmental energy *40 *49* 85*
Excessively generous *82*
Family claustrophobic *136*
Father Relationship *102*
Feel blocked *120*
Fear of annihilation/nameless dread *108*
Fear of being influenced *83*
Fear of Death *22*
Fear of Failure *143*
Fear of losing control *32*
Fearful *33 *34*137*
Feel unloved *68*
Fire Trauma *73*
Frustrated in love *115*
Genital Diseases *119*
Hormone Imbalance, PMS *110*
Inability to Cope *148*
Inferiority Complex *129*146*
Inflammatory diseases *24*
Initiative lacking *120*
Intimacy…afraid of *142*
Lack of conscious *39*
Lack of empathy *117*
Lack of self-esteem *146*
Lack of understanding *117*
Lacks compassion *90*
Lacks vitality *63* 86*
Lashed out verbally *88*
Learning disabilities *20*
Loss of hope *120*134*
Loss of ideals *87*
Loss of interest *113*
Lost loved one *104*
Love bucket is empty *84
Malicious user *107*
Manipulator *38 *10*
Mentally paralyzed *69*
Narrow minded *114*
Needing to Nurture More *44*
Needs own space *106*
Negative focus (outside) *111*,116*
No heart for service *95
No mixing with new people *126*
Obsessive thoughts *16*
Off purpose *89*
Opposed by opposition *108*
Out of Balance *30*92*
Overactive thoughts *19*145*
Overly optimistic *28*
Overly sensitive *26 *55*
Passing over (death) *4 *64 *17*
Physical Dysfunction *140*
Pituitary balancing *147*
Poor memory *58*
Poverty conscious *118*
Psychic Energy *40*49*85*
Physical/sexual disgust *8*
Questions others motives *45*
Rejection feelings *56*
Relationships healing *16 *57 *93 *104* *132 *135*
Resist change *100*
Scattered energy/can’t relax *54*
Scattered thought always changing mind *59*60*
Self centered *32*
Self critical *27*92*
Self esteem…low *122*35*
Self important *144 *
Self-improvement fanatic *53*
Sexual problems *66 *142*
Skin Wounds *119*
Social/cultural prejudice *37* 8*
Social life *97 *
Social worker *26*
Socially immature *10*61*
Spiritual/Healers/Energy Protection *1* *2 *3 *4* 15* 22* 40* 49 *70 *86* *88*75* *116 *138*139*
Spoiled *38 *
Stuck in past, grim future *124*
Subservient & must accommodate *43*
Superficial *97 *
Superiority Complex *76*
Suspicious *88 *
Thick skinned *76*
Thyroid *74 *
Too reliant on others *101*
Transition/change *4 *17*
Two Faced Deceiver, “Don’t Discover Me” *41*
Unexpressed pain *79*
Unhealthy curiosity *39 *
Unsettled behavior *96 *
Unwanted/outside pressure to achieve *137*
Victim of life *133*
Will not accept acknowledgement *82 *
These remedies are incredibly powerful in helping us transform our negative emotional traits to more positive ones. As you read through them you will realize the benefit they offer to you and your loved ones.
- Alpine Mint Bush: this essence works on the mental and emotional levels. It is most beneficial for people who work in healing, health administration and caring situations where they assume a great deal of responsibility for other people. In their roles, they give much of themselves both physically and emotionally, often listening to people in pain and people who have great needs. People in these positions can be in danger of burning out of becoming disillusioned. They can reach a point of fatigue feeling their life had lost its joy. Alpine mint bush can revitalize and bring about a renewed enthusiasm and joy in their life for what they do.
- Angelsword: This essence is helping one discern the level of truth. It allows one to reach their own spiritual truth by cutting through any confusion or misinformation. Taking this essence allows access and retrieval of previously developed gifts from past lives. Angelsword protects from outside influences so one can receive clear information from one’s higher self with out interference. Angelsword also releases any energy that entered while the aura was open.
- Antiseptic Bush - For cleansing oneself from negative influences in one’s environment or a build up over time of such influences within oneself. This essence helps a person to be amongst the different aspects of life and maintain inner sanctity by continual cleansing. In the case of negative or harmful aspects or people, one is then able to live without a build up of negative energy.
- Autumn Leaves-Allow to hear, see and feel communication from the other side and be open to that guidance and communication. It also further emphasizes the sense of letting go and moving on in a very profound way. The leaves themselves were collected from a sacred area, in autumn, at the exact moment of their release from the trees. The essence will ease the transition of the passing over from the physical plane to the spiritual world.
- Balga Blackboy - Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the group misfit, the pushy family member. Children or adults with no regard for the effect their goals have on the family group or environment. The producer of environmental catastrophes, emotional or planetary. Possible symptoms: feeling isolated, frustrated, not understanding why. For people who are only aware of their precious goals and objectives and have a strong sense of urgency to achieve them. However, eventually, they invariably suffer from a strong feeling of frustration because obstructions hinder progress. Eventually a sense of futility overcomes these people and they feel that their objectives will never be achieved. Glad to rest, they happily give up. The healing properties of this flower enable one to see the deeper reason for these obstructions. They see their precious goals and objectives for what they are, an imposition on others or their environment and this is why they eventually meet with obstruction or do not win the support of others. They realize that they should be more aware of the needs within their environment, and tailor their desires accordingly, rather than seeking to impose their will on the life around them and burden their environment.
- Banksia Robur - Negative Condition: For people who are normally very dynamic. It will overcome temporary loss of drive and enthusiasm due to burn out, frustration, or illness. Positive Outcome: Energy, enjoyment of and interest in life.
- Bauhinia – Negative Condition: Resistance to change, rigidity, and annoyance. Positive Outcome: This is for embracing new concepts and ideas. Acceptance and open-mindedness.
- Billy Goat Plum - Negative Condition: Sexual revulsion, physical loathing or disgust of an aspect of oneself. Positive Outcome: Sexual pleasure and enjoyment, acceptance of one’s physical body.
- Black Eyed Susan - Negative Condition: The remedy for stress, rushing, always on the go, constant striving, impatient. Positive Outcome: Slowing down, ability to turn inward and be still, inner peace.
- Black Kangaroo Paw - Negative Condition: Socially immature, clumsy or gauche individuals, insensitive to the needs of others. Positive Outcome: Relaxed, sensitivity, savoir faire, enjoyment of people.
- Blue China Orchid - Example of possible character traits and situations: people who have addictions of one form or another. Possible symptoms: inability for self control, feeling of being overwhelmed or unfulfilled, lack of will. This is for the addictive personality. Those who feel they need a crutch in life to be happy. This crutch more often than not comes in the form of a vice or habit that at first is something one can take or leave, but later becomes something that controls them. The healing properties of this flower enable them to face and deal with the reason for the addiction and then gives one the will to fight the actual addiction.
- Blue Leschenaultia - Examples of possible character traits and situations: the emotional and material “scrooge”. Possible symptoms: being unmoved by the needs of others, self sufficiency – negatively embraced. For people who are a bit on the “tight” side. They don’t really like to give, they live with the phobia that says, “Most people who approach me are going to want something from me”. To deal with this feeling they build a wall around themselves, so they can put such people out of sight out of mind. They give the message that they don’t want to be bothered. The healing properties of this flower help break down such walls and helps these people develop and attitude of sharing.
- Blue Topped Cow Weed - Examples of possible character traits and situations: The escapist. The joker who avoids deeper life issues. The superficial good time friend. Possible symptoms: avoidance of responsibility or hassles, lack of empathy, lacking depth of character. For those who like to enjoy life, hassles and problems they don’t like taking seriously. As they move on in life they become troubled by the hassles and problems of those close to them, or those generated by them. Instead of being constructive in their dealings with these problems they tend to seek even more avenues of enjoyment; drink, drugs, or whatever, in order to escape the burden or unpleasantness of such problems. Healing properties: This remedy puts one in touch with one’s feelings, creating more empathy with the situations others must face. The result is becoming more responsible in attitude. It engenders strength in the person taking it and teaches them to deal with problems as they arise instead of escaping responsibilities or avoiding hassles.
- Bluebell – Negative Condition: For those cut off from their feelings, fear of lack, greed. Positive Outcome: Opens the heart, joyful sharing.
- Boab -This is one of the most powerful of all the Bush essences and has brought about profound change. Boab clears negative emotional and mental family patterns that are passed on from generation to generation. Boab can access and clear those core patterns and all the related ensuing beliefs. This essence is very beneficial in helping those who have had experiences of abuse or prejudice form others. Also Boab will help clear the negative lines of karma between people. When used in a spray it can be very effective in clearing negative energies, especially when combined with fringed violet, Angelsword and Lichen. Boab can help break the chains that have been around human consciousness for thousands of years.
- Boronia – Negative Condition: Obsessive thoughts, pining from recently ended relationships. Positive Outcome: Mental calmness, serenity, clarity of mind and thought.
- Bottlebrush – Negative Condition: For those going through and often overwhelmed by major life changes, e.g. puberty, retirement, pregnancy. Holding onto the past and old habits. Positive Outcome: Bonding between mother and child, letting go, ability to cope, serenity and calm.
- Brachycome – Example of possible character traits and situations: the person with educational qualifications or an experienced intellectual who lacks empathy. Possible symptoms: arrogance, contempt for others, being over critical. For those who feel critical and intellectually superior towards others. The healing properties of this flower help such people to have understanding of where another person comes from. What people know or don’t know, what they are aware of, or are unaware of, then becomes irrelevant as a conditioning factor in how one relates to others.
- Brown Boronia - Example of character traits and situations: those who have pressing problems but find life provides them with no immediate solutions. Possible symptoms: over active mind, worrying, going over things incessantly in the mind without rest. For those who can’t work out or find the right solution to a problem. They find one solution only to find it does not work, then another, and that doesn’t work either. They think of several solutions yet none seems the right one. It is here they become despondent and frustrated. The healing properties of this flower give one the acceptance and patience that will allow them to work with their karma rather than freaking out and becoming frustrated.
- Bush Fuschia - Negative Condition: Poor learning ability, dyslexia, stuttering, ignoring “gut feelings”. Positive Outcome: This remedy is unsurpassed for resolving learning problems. Balancing and integration of left and right hemispheres of the brain, clarity and projection in speaking, developing one’s intuition.
- Bush Gardenia - Negative Condition: Caught up in one’s own world and affairs, taking for granted and unaware of those close to them. Positive Outcome: Passion, renews interest in partner, improves communication with those close.
- Bush Iris - Negative Condition: Fear of death, materialism, atheism, excessive “sex and drugs and rock ‘n’ roll”. Positive Outcome: Spiritual insights, understanding of things beyond the material five senses, spiritual awakening.
- Cape Bluebell - Example of possible character traits: people with an age-old chip on their shoulder. Possible symptoms: hate, negativity, malice. The healing properties of this flower are for those people who hate everything, including themselves. They are people who have been extremely selfish and consequently have been rejected by others. Instead of understanding what life is teaching them through this rejection they react negatively. It seems the reason for them feeling this way stems from the distant past. It’s hard to help such people who are so ingrained with hate. In their isolation they delight in seeing others suffer. The healing qualities of this flower are divine love. In essence this flower reverberates the message of, “Let go, let go of the past and be loving.” At first there is much resistance, however, slowly, slowly, the fossilized shackles of hate start to break and the divine love within begins to shine through.
- Cats Paw - Example of possible character traits and situations: families or close working groups with problems that can’t be easily defined. Possible symptoms: depression and anger from feeling unloved and taken for granted. Mood swings. This is for people who care for other people, only to find that those whom they give to don’t really care for them. This often happens in a family or relationship situation. Their reaction is one of anger and sadness. They become angered by the selfishness and insincere gestures of kindness shown to them, and sad that those whom they love find it hard to give to them. They eventually say to themselves I don’t care anymore they can all go to hell. However all they are really doing is suppressing their emotional anger and pain and this eventually manifests in the physical body as a painful inflammatory type disease. The healing qualities of this flower help people to break the attachments or obligatory feelings. “No one owes you anything and you don’t owe anybody anything”, becomes their realization. They realize that it is their prerogative to give or not to give, and if others are taking advantage of their benevolence then all they have to do is stop giving, – no big drama. The healing properties of this flower enable people to see that although the ideal of family or group life is one where all members are aware and care for each other the reality is often different. When they presume that family life will follow the ideal then subconscious obligations are projected onto family members. The healing properties of this flower enable them to let go of their expectations and obligatory feelings towards others.
- Christmas Tree - This essence helps settle the person, bringing inner contentment which enhances the enjoyment of the family or group. The person can then fulfill their responsibilities and reap the rewards of consistency and shared goals. For issues of responsibility in family and group life where duties and everyday pressure is causing an individual to become distant and avoid their share of the load. This affects the whole group as they must carry the extra burden, and problems of resentment soon arise.
- Common White Spider Orchid - Example of possible character traits and situations: volunteer worker, spiritual person, service orientated humanitarian. Possible symptoms: tendency to introversion, sadness, over sensitivity, anguish of the soul. For those sensitive people who have experienced a lot of pain and/or seen others go through a lot of pain. They perceive selfless love as a way of transforming this suffering into beauty and bliss. With this understanding they treat the world accordingly and try to help others get in touch with this idea, only to find they are used and abused by others. This often has a devastatingeffect on them making them feel that life is intolerable and just too hard to bear, often they wish they weren’t alive. An essence made from this flower enables them to empathize with the suffering of others without being personally disturbed by their suffering or the insensitivity of others. When this happens they are able to bring love and caring to even the darkest corners of the universe.
- Correa – Example of possible character traits and situations: the spouse or employee troubled by their mistakes. Possible symptoms: those being hard on themselves, not accepting their limitations. For the genuine person who feels dissatisfied with themselves or their performance. They feel they haven’t gotten their act together, or their performance or abilities are wanting. They let themselves or others down, or fall short of the expectations of others. Often the problem stems from not taking proper notice of what others have advised them and this adds to the dissatisfaction they feel about themselves. The healing properties of this flower allow them to see that their mistakes or poor performance was unintentional, and to accept their shortcomings and mistakes without regret.
- Cowkicks – Example of possible character traits and situations: those who are unable to pick up the pieces of their life after a crisis. The unsuspecting optimist. Those who don’t consider security to be important. Those who see nothing wrong with their marriage/relationship, then suddenly their spouse leaves them. Possible symptoms: feeling of hopelessness, of being shattered, of being depleted. Lack of awareness of the life around them. This is for people who have great zest and inspiration for life, everything goes so well and because of this they don’t make provision for reversals, or handle life from an aware or in depth perspective. The problem is that they never believe life could be any different. However they are the sort of people who when confronted with a sudden reversal find their life falls apart. Unfortunately once this happens it is hard for them to rebuild their lives, consequently they give up, losing their incentive and energy to turn life back into a positive direction. They become a victim of circumstances. The healing properties of this flower first opens their mind up to the possibility of reversals so that when life is going well they don’t presume that such a flow lasts forever and they act wisely. Secondly, once the reversal has happened, this flower inspires positivity and gives the strength required to turn life around, and rebuild it from a wiser perspective.
- Cowslip Orchid - (Caladenia flavia) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: people with superiority complexes or who overrate their importance. Possible symptoms: pompous behavior, arrogance,”better than thou” attitude, lack of fulfillment, negative towards others, contempt for those “lower” then them, who don’t acknowledge them.) For people who crave recognition and feel they are more important, more special then others. If others don’t give the recognition they believe is due to them, then they feel unfulfilled. They start looking down upon and become negative towards these people. Because of their arrogance these people are seldom happy, they miss so many positive interactions they could have with others. The healing properties of this flower deflate inflated egos so that those who need this essence perceive no “big deal” about themselves. Consequently they don’t set themselves above or aside from others and find the treasure of being able to interact with, and enjoy, people from all walks of life. They then find they can enjoy people despite the recognition given to them by others.
- Crowea – Negative Condition: For individuals who worry, sense of feeling “not quite right” – of being out of balance. Positive Outcome: Peace and calm, balancing and centering the individual, vitality.
- Dagger Hakea - Negative Condition: Resentment, bitterness towards close family, friends and lovers. Positive Outcome: Forgiveness, open expression of feelings.
- Dampiera – (Dampiera linearis) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the wife/husband “fusspot”. A person who can’t let go, be romantic, or be “romantic” without a set environment. People who can’t relax unless social norms are followed. Possible symptoms: up-tight, finicky, unable to relax, worried by small things, getting things out of perspective. Fear of letting go. For those who are uptight in an area of their life. They need a situation, person, or persons to fit their criteria or comfort zone before they can relax and be happy. They often try to reshape situations or remake people before they can enjoy life. Consequently they find it hard to live with others or be with others. This is the type of person who can’t enjoy others in their house unless it’s tidy. Or they can’t live with another person because they don’t sing in tune. The healing properties of this flower help a person to be tolerant and realize their perspective and ways are not the only ones to be considered. This flower also helps others to feel secure about letting go and being vulnerable in changing or unfamiliar environments. On the physical level, the Dampiera is excellent for treatment of tight, stressed or knotted muscles. The strong message to “let go” seems to be picked up immediately by the nervous system and the treatment, using working stock directly on the area needing relief will only take 5-15 minutes to take effect.
- Dog Rose - Negative Condition: Fearful, shy, insecure people. Apprehensive of other people, for niggling fears. Positive Outcome: Confidence, courage, belief in self. Dog Rose of the wild forces deals with fear. It is taken when a person has a fear of losing control, when the emotions they are feeling within themselves or immediately around them are just so intense there is a sense of losing total control. On a higher level it helps to teach the necessity of gaining control over the emotions so that emotional intensity will not distort one’s natural energies.
- Emergency Essence - Calming and stabilizing effect, will quickly address fear, panic, severe mental stress and tension. Excellent and beneficial for all psychological and physical stress.
- Five Corners - Negative Condition: Low self esteem, dislike of self, crushed, “held in” personality. Positive Outcome: One of the most important of all the remedies. Love and acceptance of self, celebration of own beauty.
- Flannel Flower - Negative Condition: Dislike of being touched or of physical activity, lack of sensitivity especially in males. Positive Outcome: Gentleness and sensitivity in touching and experiencing feeling, joy in all physical activity, emotional trust, sensuality.
- Freshwater Mangrove is to release and heal mental prejudice, allowing the heart to open without prejudgment. The prejudice of slender rice flower stems from direct personal experience whereas Freshwater Mangrove is for those who mentally reject or have already made up their mind about something without it ever being experienced. Often the seeds of this prejudice have been sown for a long time. In many cases it is generational, as in the case of countries where religious prejudice is passed on and accepted by the young without question. Many prejudices are built because of cultural or societal belief that something cannot be done. This essence has the potential to allow us to fully experience and be open on both a mental and heart level to new perceptual shifts and all the changes occurring as this time.
- Fringed Lily Twiner - (Thysanotus manglesianus) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: spoilt child, selfish manipulative parent. Possible symptoms: hateful, revengeful, spiteful and brooding. Laying blame on others for their misery. For those selfish ones who want people and life to run around them. They want to be cared for but they do not want to have to put themselves out or genuinely care for others. Of course others eventually become sick of their ways and let them know it. When this happens these people feel miserable and wronged and covertly become resentful, revengeful, and manipulative. The healing properties of this flower stimulate the love aspect and consequently decentralizes their focus on themselves. It stimulates them to care for others, reversing their focus. Consequently they become aware of their faults, and why others have reacted negatively towards them. They see their selfish attitude as the root cause of their misery and they change their ways.
- Fringed Mantis Orchid - (Caladenia dilitata) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the detective, the psychic predator, the person in the street who knows everybody else’s business and personal details. Possible symptoms: unhealthy curiosity, inability to mind one’s own business, smug behaviour, lack of conscience. This is for those who like to listen and gather information about other people and life to use it for their advantage. The more developed types gather this information through reading the minds of others. What these people then feel is that they are the ones in a superior position because of what they know. Little do they realize that the God Consciousness, the creator of all, knows their mind. On one level the healing attributes of this flower bring their conscience into play, they become disturbed by what they are doing. They realize that information about others should be treated with benevolent intent and not used to take advantage of others. On another level it shatters the smugness created by the thought that they know so much about others who know so little about them. Through this flower essence they start to realize that the creator of all knows them, the omniscient one within all life knows every thought in their mind, and can create illusory information that these people see as truth. Once realizing this, these people see the smallness of their minds and change, utilizing knowledge and information benevolently and not for their own gain.
- Fringed Violet - Negative Condition: Shock or trauma, damage to Aura, energy and vitality drained by other people and things, e.g. radiation. Positive Outcome: Removal of effects of recent or old trauma, psychic protection, energy protection.
- Fuchsia Grevillea - (Grevillea bipinnatifida) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: negative, two faced people, who interact with their associates, or relatives, (often found at business gatherings, family or school reunions, social gatherings and the like). Possible symptoms: dislike of being exposed, smugness, anger. For those who like to keep their negative thoughts and feelings well hidden, they often consider that other people, who are unaware of the negative feelings they have towards them, are idiots. It gives them a feeling of power to be in this position. If you try to expose such a person they become quite agitated and negative towards you. The healing properties of this flower help them let go of their negative thought patterns and feel that if people confront them about such patterns, then it is fair and normal.
- Fuchsia Gun - (Eucalyptus forrestiana) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: those who suffer from claustrophobia, or feel extreme anxiety in confined situations. Possible symptoms: as above. The healing properties of this flower are good for people who suffer from claustrophobia. What this flower essence does, is help to alleviate the panic of being trapped in a confined space. It will help one accept the feeling of being trapped, and this will alleviate the feeling of panic and make one more comfortable about the situation.
- Geraldton Wax - (Chamelaucium uncinatum) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: The child or adult who feel “under the thumb”. The parent who feels they must appease the demanding child, or the person who feels under unusual mental pressure from someone else. Possible symptoms: feeling trapped, frustrated, resentful and “held” in. For those who feel they must accommodate another persons’ desires, wishes or beckoning. This is because that person is very strongly focused on them doing what they want. Consequently, they become influenced by their mental force. The healing properties of this flower strengthen them so that they do not get influenced by such mental projections. The pressure can come from environments and situations where the person feels that they must accommodate the stronger forces.
- Goddess Grasstree - For the maturing of the female principle of woman within. For both men and women a metamorphosis to inner strength, nurturing sensitivity and loving wisdom that is not emotionally dependent. Helpful in releasing the feminine aspect into society.
- Golden Glory Grevillea - (Grevillea tenuiloba) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: people whose openness and relaxed attitude has been used to their detriment by others. Possible symptoms: feelings of uneasiness about others’ motives. For those who feel they don’t want people to see the mess they feel they are in, or things that they do. These people tend to shut out others because of this. The healing properties of this flower help us to care less about how people view us.
- Golden Waitsia - To re-ignite spontaneity and carefree feelings, to heal all aspects of anxiety linked to perfectionism. Helpful for those who worry about details, and also those needing to accept their present imperfect state of health and well being while convalescing from illness or trauma.
- Green Essence: — Emotional distress associated with intestinal and skin disorders. + Harmonize the vibration of any yeast mould or parasite to one’s own vibration: purifying.
- Green Rose - (Rosa chinensis veridiflora) Examples of possible character traits and situations: Intolerant people who wish to keep their own counsel. Loners. Symptoms: Grumpy. Not wanting to be disturbed. COntented isolation, stagnation. For those who prefer their own space, not wanting to consider new ideas, or the ideas of others. If they are confronted or challenged by these ideas they become agitated, angry and grumpy. They don’t care what ideas others have as long as they don’t bother them with those ideas. People having such attitudes stagnate mentally. They prefer their own thought world and ideas, and don’t want to consider anything else, this then sees them flipping back to past habits very quickly and they seem not to move forward with their life. The frustration of this can be aimed at others, blaming them for their situation and them at themselves and a vicious circle develops. This remedy opens one’s mind to new ideas and the positive thoughts of others. One’s life is enriched, and this has a very positive and uplifting effect on your life, saving one from stagnation. This remedy also removes the desire to isolate oneself from the mental world of others, to move forward to new living experiences.
- Green Spider Orchid is very much aligned with higher learning, philosophies and deeper insight. This essence can assist in working with telepathy, to attune a person to be more receptive to not only other people but also other species and kingdoms. It is for people who are teaching spiritual matters and understandings, helping them to impart that knowledge. It helps us to know when to share about our spiritual experiences, ideas before they are manifested and incomplete projects and when to remain silent to let the energy build. Green Spider Orchid can release nightmares, terror and phobias stemming form past lives.
- Grey Spider Flower - Negative Condition: Terror, panic. Positive Outcome: Faith, courage.
- Gymea Lily -is for excessive pride and arrogance and helps bring about humility. The essence is for reaching up to the energy of arrogance and transforming it to achieve great heights. It gives strength to those who are ahead of their peers and helps them to stay at the top. Gymea Lily is also very beneficial for people whose personalities are very intense or extrovert, or those who are domination; demanding and very charismatic who usually get their way. It is also for people who like to be seen and noticed and who seek glamour and status.
- Happy Wanderer - (Hardenbergia comptoniana) Portrait: This liane or creeper is prevalent on both coastal plains and Jarrah forest of the Southwest of W.A. They are known also as Wild Sarsparilla to botanists and The Strangler to suburban gardeners because of their habit of climbing onto and covering up plants near to them. In late winter and spring the whole creeper is covered in the delicate violet pea flowers with yellow-green eyes. Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: the insecure type, who is afraid to step out on his/her own. People who doubt their abilities. Possible symptoms: shy behavior, anxiety about standing on their own two feet, always needing someone there. For those who need the company of others, for security or support, be that emotional, mental, or physical. They find it harder and /or less fulfilling to be, or achieve, by themselves. The healing properties of this flower allow a feeling of contentment and fulfillment within themselves so they don’t have to rely on the company of others as much.
- Hibbertia – Negative Condition: Excessive self discipline, addiction to acquirement of knowledge, self improvement and fanaticism. Positive Outcome: Accepting of self and own innate knowledge and experiences, without wanting to be superior to others.
- Hops Bush - This essence earths excessive, scattered energy and reestablishes a natural and healthy flow which feeds the needs of activity without over stimulating. With this inner mental and physical peace the person feels back in control of their life and can have balances states of rest and activity. For those who can’t sleep or relax due to frenetic energy unbalancing them.
- Hybrid Pink Fairy Cowslip - Examples of possible character traits and situations: The person who relates to the attitude of others too personally. Those who have been persecuted or continually treated unfairly. Possible symptoms: over- sensitive, anxious, paranoid, being scratchy or tearful over small matters. The person needing this flower essence is often affected by other peoples views and attitudes towards them. The person may be oversensitive or genuinely under attack, but the result is the same, their peace of mind is affected. The Pink Fairy Hybrid minimizes the effect other people’s negativity or attitudes have on their life. It does this by taking away their sensitivity and focus on the way others react to them. This enables them to get on with their life without being overly concerned about the reaction of others, which generates contentment and a positive feeling within themselves of being self contained.
- Illawarra Flametree - An essence for those who suffer from a great sense of rejection, or who feel “left out”. This rejection is deeply felt and is very agonizing for the person. The essence is also for self rejection, or for a person feeling apprehensive about a new experience, e.g., parenthood, or where there is a fear of responsibility. This essence will help a person take that first step. It is also beneficial for those whose numbers is numerology are 11, 22 or 33 – people who have usually chosen to do very important work in this life.
- Illyarrie – (Eucalyptus erythrocorys) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: someone who has been badly hurt by others or those that bottle-up their pain. Possible symptoms: feeling that pain is going to overwhelm you. For those who don’t want to face or deal with something because of the pain and suffering they find it incurs for themselves or others. They shut this “something” out of sight out of mind, because they find it hard to deal with the pain and suffering. The healing properties of this flower allow them to face the pain, thereby enabling them to realize their strength to deal with it.
- Isopogon – Negative Condition: Poor memory, inability to learn from past experience, senility, stubborn controlling personality. Positive Outcome: Ability to learn from past experiences, retrieval of forgotten skills and memories.
- Jacaranda- is for people who dither, never completing things because they are constantly changing them. There is a fine distinction between sundew and jacaranda. Sundew deals with dreamers (the space cadet). Whilst jacaranda is for those who dither, are “all over the place” and are always changing their mind.
- Jacaranda-li - Negative Condition: Scattered, changeable, dithering, aimless rushing. Positive Outcome: Decisiveness, clear mindedness, quick thinking.
- Kangaroo Paw - Negative Condition: Socially immature, clumsy or gauche individuals, insensitive to the needs of others. Positive Outcome: Relaxed, sensitivity, savoir faire, enjoyment of people.
- Kapok Bush - Negative Condition: People who are easily discouraged and give up easily, resignation, apathy. Positive Outcome: Persistence, perception of how things work e.g. machinery, willingness and application to give it a go.
- Leafless Orchid - (Caladenia aphylla) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the positive person who has become bogged down. The therapist who, even though they are inspired, still become drained. Possible symptoms: tiredness, irritability, lack of vitality. This essence is for positive people who are confronted by one problem after another. When this goes on for sometime, quite relentlessly, they find themselves feeling drained of their vital force. Their positivity becomes strained. There is an art to dealing with problems without having your vital force depleted, as known by the Yogis of the east. This is the beautiful quality passed on by this flower. It enables them to work from their deeper center, actively participating in the world but not being entangled by it.
- Lichen- Not knowing to look for and move into the light when passing over. Earth bound in the astral plane. Eases one’s transition into the light. Assists separation between the physical and enteric body. Releases earth bound energies.
- Macrocarpa – Negative Condition: Tired, exhausted, burnt out, low immunity. Positive Outcome: Strong affinity to the adrenal glands; bringing about energy, strength and vitality.Macrocarpa – Negative Condition: Tired, exhausted, burnt out, low immunity. Positive Outcome: Strong affinity to the adrenal glands; bringing about energy, strength and vitality.
- Macrozamia – (Macrozamia reidlei) In females it is for those who have a strong focus on sex. Such people often attract to themselves the wrong type of person and find themselves sexually abused. This freezes their sexual desire and greatly damages their feeling of self worth and ability to trust another sexually and emotionally. In males it is also for those who have a strong focus on sex. At first their attitude is to seek fulfillment of their sensual desires. However when their advances are rejected over a period of time they become cruel, finding happiness by inflicting pain on women and by imposing themselves sexually on women whether they are willing or not. In the stage where there in a strong preoccupation with sex this remedy enables the person to enjoy it as one of many pleasures of life rather than having sex as an overwhelming mental preoccupation or obsession. In the latter phases in a male if they become sadistic and sexually aggressive this remedy will unlock their feminine sensitivity thereby sensitizing them to the pain and misery that such states of mind inflict on others. This changes their focus from that of desiring sexual fulfillment or resentment due to rejection to that of empathy for female sensitivities. In the latter stages of a female becomes devastated, and blocked emotionally or sexually, this remedy will allow them to get in touch with their male energy. This will give them the strength and understanding to move on in their life free from the effects of these painful and humiliating experiences, and again enjoy a fulfilling emotional and sexual life. This essence will allow the flow of life force to pass through any blockage in the person’s sexual being, physical or mental. Example of possible character traits and situations: Those who have suffered incest. Rape victims, rapists and those who have an unbalanced sex drive, blocked sexual expression due to past situations, it is good for many sexual problems male and female. Possible symptoms: Overly sexual, cut off emotionally, negativity to the opposite sex, lacking sexual desire, sexually aggressive, sadism and insensitivity, manifesting problems with sexual organs, for example difficult menstruation, menopause.
- Many Headed Dryandra - (Dryandra polycephalus) Portrait: This Dryandra has smaller flowers in greater numbers on each bush. The leaves are finer with more spikes. They grow on the Kwongan on the sandplains North of Perth. Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: people seen as irresponsible, fly by night types by others. Possible symptoms: erratic behaviour, panic. For when someone feels, “I’ve got to go, got to get out of here”. These people find it hard to face and deal with the things in life they need to. They find that life, or what other people require of them, is too much for them to handle. When this happens they feel they must run, preferring to do this rather than stay put and face issues. The healing properties of this flower are calming, strengthening and helps the person stabilize themselves and deal with what they have to. The difference between this flower essence and the West Australian Christmas tree, is that here the person typifying the need for this flower essence is of a flighty and irresponsible nature. With the Christmas Tree type they are quite dependable under normal circumstances.
- Mauve Melaleuca - (Melaleuca thymifolia) Portrait: This flower is one from a genus of over 100 species that occur all over Australia, with a few species in Indonesia and Malaysia. The thymifolia, sometimes known as Thyme Honey Myrtle, originating in sub- tropical and temperate pre-coastal areas of Queensland and New South Wales in the South-East, is a popular garden plant in other states. It grows to about 1 meter high and is compact and spreads outward with aromatic leaves. The flowers are delicate, mauve and fluffy looking, being a close relative to the Callistemon genus (the Bottlebrush), but the stamens are joined in bundles rather than being separate. Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the emotional idealist, the unloved spouse, parent, child. Possible symptoms: feelings of hurt, sadness. For those who subconsciously feel not truly loved by those close to them. They feel that if people truly loved them, deep down, their actions would support it and they would feel really cared for. People who need this flower are more often than not the sensitive type who need great depth and fulfillment in love – but they seek this in the external world. The healing properties of this flower help them to be emotionally settled, thereby enabling them to get in touch with their higher self, the source of perfect eternal love.
- Menzies Banksia - (Banksia menziesii) This W.A. Banksia (named after the botanist Sir Joseph Banks who travelled with Captain Cook in the European discovery of Eastern Australia), is one of over 70 species in Australia, 60 of which are only found in Western Australia. The Menzies Banksia is common around the South-West, ranging in height from 3 to 10 meters depending on the rainfall and soil content. The prolific bright colored flower heads are upright on the branches, like large candles on a Christmas tree, sitting in the whorls of serrated edged leaves. Each flower head has 1,000 individual flowers with unique tiny petals. The flowers open, the base ones first, then gradually, one row at a time, rising to the top of the head over a few weeks. The seeds are best dispersed by fire that bursts open the tough woody pods, throwing the seeds into the newly laid ash to await the first rains. Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the person rejected in a relationship who fears being hurt again, but longs for companion- ship. Possible symptoms: fear of history repeating itself, psychic paralysis. For those who feel that they have suffered much pain in one department or another of life. Its here that they get stuck, they don’t want to move on in that area of life through fear of more pain. The healing properties of this flower help them to let go of the past pain and move on with courage, to deal with what comes their way. On the physical level this essence will relieve intense, built up localized pain in muscle and soft tissue, also helping to stop body from tensing in anticipation of pain. This it will do when applied in working stock dilution directly to the painful area.
- Mint Bush is for the spiritual trails and tribulations that one goes through just prior to imitation, when one feels they are being tested, often to their limits. At this time there is usually a great deal of confusion and there can even be a sense of being in a void. There is not the total despair of the waratah, but very much the feeling that everything is too difficult and too much to deal with and resolve. It helps one cope with the dross being burnt off before emerging at a new spiritual level.
- Monga Waratah: Neediness. Inability to do things alone, Disempowerment, Addictive personality, Strengthening of one’s will. Reclaiming of ones spirit. Belief that one can break the dependency on any behavior, Substance or person, self-empowerment.
- Mountain Devil - Negative Condition: Hatred, anger, jealousy, holding of grudges, suspiciousness. Positive Outcome: Unconditional love, forgiveness, happiness.
- Mulla Mulla - Negative Condition: Trauma associated with fire, heat or even sunburn, fear of flames and hot objects. Positive Outcome: Feeling comfortable with fire, rejuvenation.
- Old Man Banksia - Negative Condition: Plethoric people in low energy, sluggishness, disheartened, weary, low thyroid activity. Positive Outcome: Energy, enthusiasm, enjoyment of and interest in life.
- One-sided Bottlebrush – Calothemnus is a bushy shrub to 2 meters high that grows just on the other side of the tall sand dunes of the Swan River coastal strip, sometimes seeming to rise out of limestone and rocky ground. Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: those who complain about their work load and don’t see the burden of others. Possible symptoms: feeling over-burdened, depressed, caught up in themselves. For those who get caught up in themselves and their work load, and consequently feel unsupported. This tends to make them grumble and moan, a feeling of isolation then begins to take hold. This flower essence lets them take a positive approach to life, and accept their work load. More often than not, those they feel should be supportive, are also burdened down, and an unaware attitude towards them, caused by someone being too caught up in themselves, just makes things worse.
- Orange Leschenaultia - (Leschenaultia formosus, orange) This is one of twenty species of Leschenaultia, small woody plants that are endemic to the South-West of W.A., growing in Jarrah tree forests, and Marri-Wandoo woodlands further inland. This species can flower most times of the year in a garden, but in the wild they flower for most of the winter and spring. The flowers are tubular with five spreading lobes from deep red, pink, orange and yellow. Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: tough skinned people, the survivors. Possible symptoms: insensitivity, lack of compassion. For those who feel they have to look after themselves because no one else will. Life becomes a survival number, and this creates in these people a more insensitive and hardened attitude toward others. They may think, It’s all very well, this sensitivity stuff, but life is not like that. The healing properties of this flower allow them to experience the softness of life. It gets them in touch with the benevolence and caring within themselves and others.
- Orange Spiked Pea Flower - (Davieasa divaricata) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: men who find ‘smart talk’ or ‘put-downs’ by women stimulate them to be violent. School children who become violent due to teachers or other children making fun of them or putting them down verbally. Sibling conflicts from verbal cruelty. Possible symptoms: For those who feel threatened by people who are mentally smarter than they are. They are more physically inclined, who hate what they call, “smart Alecs.” They feel they can’t withstand such people in a verbal conflict. They can become quite physically aggressive and often violent if they believe someone is looking down upon them or using their mental agility to verbally offend them. They will also use their physical power to “get their own back” and in the heat of the moment get satisfaction from inflicting physical pain on these “smart Alecs”. However if these people really go overboard and badly injure somebody they feel great remorse and often dislike themselves. The healing properties of this flower help them to forget and dissociate themselves from anyone they feel is mentally playing a power trip on them or taking advantage of them. Instead of feeling revengeful, this flower essence will help them take a more open approach. They then say what they think and get the resentment out of their system in a more detached manner, eliminating the tendency for violence. The healing properties of this flower release the pent-up energy that would build-up and result in physical violence. Those that would anger them normally don’t have the same effect, and are no longer seen as a threat.
- Pale Sundew - (Drosera pallida) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the business ‘shark’, ambitious politician, exploitive conniving person. Possible symptoms – superiority complex, selfishness, duplicity, lack of empathy and compassion. This is for people who pride themselves on their manipulative ability and believe that everyone is fair game. They believe it’s a person’s own fault if they allow themselves to be manipulated and consequently used. This is like the typical attitude of the multinational business person, it’s like a sport to them. They lay a sweet trap, a con for somebody, and lure them into it. However sometimes there are those who escape their trap and this greatly annoys them, hurts their pride. This hurt pride stimulates them to pursue their victim with greater vigor and it is here they often lose their cool and become unstuck, exposing themselves to all. Here life teaches them a valuable lesson. The healing properties of this flower help to develop a repulsion towards such manipulative activities, a repulsion towards the excitement of laying a trap, and having others fall into it. It develops within these people a deep sense of wrongness about such behavior and finally helps them to realize the senselessness, the waste of one’s own life in pursuing such sickening objectives.
- Parakeelya – (Calandrinia polyandra) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the unappreciated work-horse. The dependable quiet passive person. The quiet spouse who holds family life together. Possible symptoms: unexpressed pain, feeling used and uncared for, also deep seated loneliness. This is for those hard working people who contribute a lot to their family, community, business or group only to be treated as a usable commodity and work-horse and given little respect or acknowledgement for their contribution. When they have had enough of being treated this way they up and leave, going their own way, however, they leave disillusioned and empty handed. Because these people fail to assert their rights, they find it hard to discover others who will give them the respect that enables them to feel that they truly are a part of something. Consequently they become isolated and sad, preferring to be or work alone. The healing properties of this flower enable one to say no to those who try to use them and stand up in any relationship or group and assert their worth. This not only helps them but helps others to face their responsibility of being fair and appreciative towards those who are supporting them. At first when they take this flower essence conflict arises, this is because they begin to assert their rights. However after this is sorted out these people feel truly a part of their family, work place or whatever. This flower enables them to realize their true worth.
- Paw Paw - Negative Condition: Overwhelm, burdened by decision. Positive Outcome: Assimilation and integration of new ideas and information, improved access to Higher Self for problem solving.
- Peach Flowered Tea-Tree - Negative Condition: Mood swings, lack of commitment to follow through with projects once bored by them, hypochondriacs, balances the pancreas. Positive Outcome: Emotional balance, completion of goals and projects, trust and responsibility in their own health.
- Philotheca – Negative Condition: Inability to accept acknowledgement, excessive generosity. Positive Outcome: Ability to let in praise, ability to receive love and acknowledgement.
- Pin Cushion Hakea - (Hakea laurina) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: the religious person or scientist who feels threatened by new ideas. Possible symptoms: subconscious fear of one’s belief system, or logic, being undermined. For when we are caught in our own space and become fixed. We will not tolerate interference from others, or we become intolerant of where other people are coming from mentally. The reason for this is that we don’t want to be influenced or bothered by people and their viewpoints, if it goes against what we feel to be right. The healing properties of this flower take away our subconscious fear of being influenced. It helps us to relax and become more accepting and sensitive to other people and their view points, without compromising our own.
- Pink Everlasting Straw Flower - (Helipterum roseum) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: someone who feels out of touch with how other people feel. Someone who can intellectually conceive of how others feel but finds it hard to be in touch with them emotionally, and give out. Possible symptoms: a feeling that life is dry, nothing within themselves to give. This flower is good for people who would like to be caring and loving, but they feel they have just nothing inside to give. They feel so emotionally depleted themselves. This flower essence replenishes the depleted emotions, renewing the springs of love and joy.
- Pink Fairy Orchid - (Caladenia latifolia) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: for people who feel in a panic or frenzy due to circumstances surrounding them. Possible symptoms: mental instability, feeling overwhelmed by the environment. For people overwhelmed by the events in their life and consequently experience mental instability. They feel they must get out or away from a situation or from people, (often there is no conscious reason). The healing properties of this flower are good for when they find themselves affected by mass hysterical panic, and they get caught up in the vibration, become frenzied, and start to panic also. This flower essence can minimize the effect other people’s vibration or state of mind has on them.
- Pink Fountain Triggerplant - This essence re-ignites the vital flame and restores its dynamism to the point where the person can take over this most essential responsibility. For those who are losing their inner vital force which keeps one alive, wither by a slow draining on the physical level, or a cutting off in the subtle bodies.
- Pink Impatiens - (Impatiens) Examples of possible character traits and situations: The idealist, moralist. Person who no longer cares about their previously held ideals or standards. Possible symptoms: Compromising of one’s ideals or standards, stress, hardship. For those who live their lives according to their set standards or morals and as a consequence they suffer. Because of their standards or morals they are forced to bear extra burdens and face greater struggle. When the sacrifice becomes too great, these people compromise their standards or ideals they say enough is enough!, and start a downward spiral of compromising. This remedy gives one the strength, creativity and determination to conquer this negative scenario. It greatly strengthens one’s determination and desire to retain one’s ideals and standards, no matter what the obstacles.
- Pink Mulla Mulla -is for those who have suffered a deep spiritual wound long ago, often in their first incarnation, where they felt abandoned by spirit that has led to a deep scar on the soul and psyche. It works on the outer causal bodies clearing sabotage (and fear of spiritual abandonment once more) that is stopping their spiritual growth. On an emotional level, Pink Mulla Mulla is for those who put out prickles to keep people away. They tend to be quite isolated and unable to resolve a hurt, wrong or injustice that can be felt very deeply. This impinges on their attitude to those around them and can make them suspicious of people’s motives, allowing them no rest. They are often on guard against people hurting them again; they may protect themselves by saying hurtful thing to others. What they say to those around them does not always reflect how they really feel. It is mealy a way of keeping people at a safe distance.
- Pink Trumpet Flower - The essence of clarity and focus. To harness the inner strength of purpose and direct it towards important goals. Encourages achievement through new mental directness. Helpful for those who find difficulty in maintaining purpose, who feel they get lost half way through a thought process or activity. Also excellent for attaining healing objectives and for directing energy at birthing.
- Pixie Mops - (Petrophile linearis) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the sensitive person turned hard. Resentful, yet, dependent types. Possible symptoms: unhelpful, lack of compassion, unforgiving and cut-off. Needing, emotional. This is for people that feel in need and seek the help or energy of others. They feel others should help them, then they get let down. Their cry is, I needed you and I relied on you and you let me down. The result is that they become hardened and unhelpful towards others saying, why should I help others, no one helped me when I needed them? The irony of this is that these people become the image of the people of whom they believe let them down. The healing properties of this flower give the realization that they are responsible for themselves and have no right to expect help or energy from others. It opens up the doors of forgiveness towards those who let them down and lets them realize that with the touch of love they can help others in need as they would have liked to be helped, rather than being like the very people they consider let them down.
- Purple & Red Kangaroo Paw - (Anigozanthos manglesii) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: People who blame each other rather than doing something positive to improve conditions. Possible symptoms are bickering, negativity, non-constructive criticism. This is a very good flower essence for people in friendships, relationships, marriages or partnerships, who feel the other half are not really pulling their weight. They then react to the situation, saying, Well, why should I be supportive and do things if you are not? This reaction causes deterioration in the relationship and more often than not compounds into a worse situation. The healing properties of this flower allow them to drop the reaction so that they can deal with the situation in a clear way.
- Purple Enamel Orchid - (Elythranthera brunonis) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: unmotivated people, who start off feeling useless then go to the extreme of flogging themselves work-wise to prove their worth. Possible symptoms: lack of balance, self criticism, frustrated with themselves, energy fluctuation. The healing properties of this flower are for people who put too much or too little energy into what they want to achieve and consequently don’t achieve their long term goals. At first they put in too little and consequently react to themselves for being so useless. They then over-react and push themselves so hard that they fall apart. This flower essence enables one to work steadily towards one’s goal, and take rest when it is required. It enables one to maintain a healthy balance between work and rest.
- Purple Eremophila – To gain and maintain serene objectivity amidst very personal issues of the heart that threaten to unbalance you. This essence encourages the objectivity without compromising richness of feeling and sensitivity towards loved ones, and is very helpful in times of relationship upsets.
- Purple Flag Flower - (Patersonia occidentalis) Portrait: There are 20 species of this Native Iris found in Australia. The Purple Flag is found in W.A. in Jarrah and Banksia forests throughout the South-West, from the Northern Murchison river Kwongan to Esperance, and the coastal strip around Perth. They grow in clumps of long tough leaves from which the spring show of purple flags open. Each three-petal flower will open for one day only. Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: people who have pushed their stress limits and find it hard to unwind. Possible symptoms: inability to relax, extreme anxiety. This is an excellent flower essence for people who are near a nervous breakdown. They feel they are losing control and can’t cope, that no one around them is really aware of what’s happening in their mind. They struggle on, saying to themselves, “I must keep it together.” What has been found with such people is they are used to reacting tensely to situations automatically. They find it very hard to reverse this. The healing properties of this flower are excellent for reversing the process, helping them to relax and feel normal.
- Purple Numph Waterlily - (The emblem of Living Essences of Australia) The essence of selfless service. To drink deep from the deeper side of one’s Love nature. To not be caught in emotional traps in your dealings with fellow humans or your own Life path. To sensitise to a point beyond personalisation, freeing the heart with service. Helpful for those who are desiring to merge with the Universal purpose and on all levels, practical and internal, share their treasures with others.
- Queensland Bottlebrush - (Callistemon polandi) Portrait: There are 25 species of the profusely flowering Bottlebrushes endemic to Australia. (Callistemon means beautiful). This small weeping tree from the northeast of Australia is more fragile looking than most bottlebrushes. It can flower many times during the year, the branches bearing aptly named flowers with yellow tipped red stamens. Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the person with the problem of whether to share a house or live alone. Possible symptoms: unsettled behavior, conflict of desires. For those who want to be alone, but when they are alone they find they want the company of either one particular person or a group of people. This conflict causes frustration. The reason for wanting to be alone is that they feel much energy gets taken or drained from them physically, emotionally, or mentally when in company. This conflict normally stems from their experiences with users and that is why there is the need to be alone. The healing properties of this flower allow them to let go of the past, and feel, I know where I am going, I’m free within myself. In the external world things come and go, my inward journey, however, gets me more in touch with the eternal springs of sustenance.
- Rabbit Orchid - (Caladenia menziessi) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the socialite, the superficial host. Possible symptoms: superficially, hypocrisy, insecurity. For the superficial insincere types, who know how to put on a good front to hide their real intentions, or the type of person they really are. However, eventually people find out what they are really like and then they feel humiliated and angry. The healing properties of this flower allow one to see the rewards and inner fulfillment of having meaningful honest relationships with others. To be sincere and straight forward is then desired. A distaste for deception and hypocrisy starts to grow and the emptiness experienced through living one’s life with deception and superficiality becomes apparent.
- Red & Green Kangaroo Paw - (Anigoznthos manglesii) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the busy parent and/or spouse who is out of touch with the needs of the family. Possible symptoms are insensitivity and impatience. For those who act insensitively towards others. More often than not it is a person who they really love, a child or a partner. They act insensitively because they always have other more important things to do than to be in touch, and act sensitively with that person close to them. The healing properties of this flower allow them to put all those things aside and be mentally in the here and now with their loved ones, thereby opening the door to enjoyment with those close to them.
- Red Beak Orchid - (Lypercanthos nigricans) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: frustrated housewife/husband, lethargic employees stuck in a job that is unfulfilling, the seemingly lazy student or school truant. Possible symptoms: lethargy, rebelliousness, boredom and depression. This is for people who have duties and responsibilities they have to fulfill, but find such tasks a burden. Their reaction is to become irresponsible, and pursue a course of fun instead of fulfilling their duties and responsibilities. However after putting their own interests first, at the expense of others whom they should care for, they begin to feel guilty and voluntarily end their irresponsible ways. This, however, does not alter their distaste for duties and responsibilities. So consequently a type of paralysis sets in. They don’t fulfill their responsibilities nor do they pursue what is fun for them. So the result is someone who is continually tired, lacks interest in life and is seemingly lazy. An essence made from this flower gives one the desire to get up and fulfill their responsibilities and duties. Once they start doing this they find they have energy for every aspect of their lives and again their life becomes meaningful and fulfilling.
- Red Feather Flower - (Verticordia mitcheliana) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the “free-loader”. The adolescent who feels the world should provide for them. Those who contribute little and take a lot. Possible symptoms: laziness, jealousy, dishonesty. The healing properties of this flower are those who unfairly take advantage of others. Their excuses are varied. Often they feel that life was not kind to them or that other people are too greedy or materialistic. Of course they will always have a reason to justify their position. However the time comes when those who have been taken advantage of say, enough is enough and kick these people out of their minds, and hearts, etc to stop them from free-loading onto them. This in turn makes the free-loader more sneaky, callous and revengeful, they then like to see those, whom they consider to be in a better position, suffer. The healing properties of this flower create a sense of fairness and sensitivity. It puts them in touch with those they have been exploiting. They discover empathy that enables them to put themselves in the other person’s shoes. They realize that most people are basically good and have got to where they are through a lot of blood, sweat and tears. It is this reflection that stimulates their sense of fairness.
- Red Grevillea - Negative Condition: Feeling stuck-knowing the goal but not the route, often affected by criticism and unpleasant people, too reliant on others. Positive Outcome: Strength to leave unpleasant situations, boldness.
- Red Helmet - Negative Condition: Rebelliousness, selfish, problems with authority figures stemming from a poor relationship with one’s father. Positive Outcome: Helps a man to bond to his children, sensitivity, respect. It helps men to be aware to allocate quality family time. Making this essence required not only sunlight but also moonlight, thereby adding the feminine principle so as to allow bonding. It is also for unresolved father issues, which can manifest as a recurrent, lifelong rebellious attitude to authority figures police, headmasters, bodes, etc.
- Red Lily - Negative Condition: For people over the age of 28 who are vague, split, indecisive, daydreamers. Positive Outcome: Grounded, focused, living in the present.
- Red Suva Frangipani -addresses the great emotional intensity, difficulty and hardship that people can go though when a relationship is ending, close to ending or going through a very “rocky” period. It can also be taken for the enormous initial pain and sadness of the loss of a loved one. The person can be feeling greatly disturbed, not suicidal as in the case of Waratah. But torn apart by the event or situation. Sturt Desert Pea deals with unresolved grief from the past.
- Ribbon Pea - To rise above fear and foreboding that stops us from taking positive attitudes and directions that are desired for a fulfilling life. Helpful for those who feel a sense of nameless dread and don’t understand why they feel that way. Healing the panic of fear of annihilation.
- Rose Coneflower - (Isopogon formosus) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: parents who feel they need space from their children. Possible symptoms: feeling “touchy” and easily disturbed, a need for peace and quiet. For when someone feels they need their own space. They feel a bit frazzled. They are finding life a bit hard to cope with, they wish to be left alone, they want peace and quiet without interruption. The healing properties of this flower ease the tension and allow us to again enjoy the company of others.
- Rough Bluebell is an essence to help people fully express the love vibration innate within them. Rough Bluebell is for people who are very manipulative and for those who are deliberately malicious and use people, either subtly or openly. It is different form Kangaroo Paw that is for those who hurt or ignore the needs of others in an unconscious way. This essence can be for those who play the role of the martyr and like to have others obligated to them. They are aware of the needs of others but want love and affection for themselves and are not concerned about or unable to give it back.
- Russian Centaurea - (Centaurea) Examples of possible character traits and situations: The brave person who stands up and opposes injustices regardless of the consequences on themselves. The risk taker. Possible symptoms: Feeling opposed or trapped, bravado. For strong people who feel their strength has the ability to withstand or conquer anything. Because of this they are more open in their resistance or opposition to oppression. The time comes when a stronger force overcomes them. They don’t lose their inner strength or will to fight, however they find themselves confined and unable to act. This remedy teaches that no matter how strong one is, there are always forces stronger that can crush them or limit their freedom. It teaches one to utilize their strength under camouflage in order to achieve an objective so that those who have the power to curb their freedom or actions aren’t alerted.
- Russian Forget -Me-Not - (Myosotis) Examples of possible character traits and situations: The person who follows, who looks to others for leadership. Possible symptoms: Underestimation of one’s own abilities or strengths. For those people who feel secure in the strength of others. They are not the type that expect a lot. Rather they happily carry their weight and do their bit, often giving more to those stronger than them than what they receive. However, when those two have provided them with strength, protection or security die or move on, they find themselves devastated – Don’t leave me! Remember me! How will I survive? This remedy allows them to tap their own strength and know that they have the ability within themselves to deal with any life situation that comes their way.
- She Oak – Negative Condition: Infertility especially when there is no reason why, hormonal imbalance in females, especially P.M.T. Positive Outcome: Fertility, conception, hormonal balance.
- Shy Blue Orchid – Focuses spiritual energies that will consistently break up negative oppressive forces in the environment. This essence gives a sense of protection and dynamism where powerlessness has previously prevailed. This is a deep internally inspiring and extremely subtle flower essence which is of great benefit to those dedicated to the Path of Light.
- Silver Princess – Negative Condition: Lack of life direction, aimless, despondent. Positive Outcome: Life, purpose and direction, motivation.
- Silver Princess Gum Gungurra - (Eucalyptus caesia) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: those who give up trying and lose interest. Possible symptoms: rebellious and frustrated behavior. For those in the situation where nothing seems to work out properly for them. They then develop an “I don’t care”, or an, “I can’t be bothered” attitude. This flower essence helps them to persevere with enthusiasm, no matter what the obstacle, thereby allowing them to move ahead and get what they want.
- Slender Rice Flower - Negative Condition: Racism, narrow mindedness, comparison with others. Positive Outcome: Co-operation, humility, perception of beauty in others, group harmony.
- Snake Bush - (Hemiandra pungens) This plant is a member of the Mint family, with aromatic sharply pointed leaves. All 8 of the species are found only in W.A. It is a prostrate shrub that edges its way along the Kwongan sandy plains and the sandy heaths of the Jarrah tree forests of the South-West. It flowers for a long time, through spring, summer and early winter with mauve fringed bell-shaped flowers. Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: people who give, motivated by the need to be loved. Possible symptoms: emotionally unsettled, frustrated in love. For those who are considerate towards others. They do many things for them, yet they find that those people are not considerate to them, or put themselves out for them. They look to these people for emotional fulfillment, they want to feel cared for and loved by them. The healing properties of this flower allow them to find that emotional fulfillment within themselves, thereby eliminating the frustration, disillusionment and anxiety. It does this without taking away any of the genuine caring they feel for another person.
- Snake Vine - (Hibbertia scandens) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: the victim of malicious gossip or character assassination. Also when in relationship break-ups one person is focused negatively on the other. Possible symptoms: feeling unsettled and not knowing why. For when someone’s negative psychic projection or talk, undermines the confidence we have in ourselves, by influencing others negatively in their attitude toward us, or by sowing the seeds of doubt about us. We start to experience self-doubt about ourselves, or our abilities, hence our confidence becomes slowly eroded. When this happens our forward momentum becomes greatly impaired. The healing properties of this flower allow us to see all the positive and good things we achieve. This eradicates our doubts and enables us to affirm our self worth, moving ahead with vitality.
- Southern Cross - (Xanthosia rotundifolia) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: comfortable middle class. Intellectual idealist who hasn’t had to struggle much in life. Possible symptoms: lack of understanding and empathy in the first stage and in the second bewilderment at life’s blows. This is for people who have very little go wrong for them. Life is really quite wonderful and beautiful for them. They can’t understand why people protest about this and that, their catch cry life is what you make it. For example if you have no money it’s easy, just get a job. They can’t understand or empathize with the difficulties of others. Or they may think, life’s so beautiful, so wonderful, why do people have to be negative and agitate for this and that. However the time comes when the advantages are taken out of their life and a reversal takes place. They find themselves in a position where they have to fend for their reputation, economic, emotional, or physical survival. The healing properties of this flower open their minds to see outside their own lifestyle or situation, they become in touch with the problems and difficulties facing others. If they take this flower essence after the advantages are removed from their life, it allows them to laugh at themselves and to see why they have been put in that position, and how it was important for them to become far more in touch with the way life really works.
- Southern Cross-li – Negative Condition: For those who have a tendency to feel that they are a victim, that life has been hard to them, that they have been hard done by; complaining, poverty conscious.
- Spinifex – Negative Condition: Herpes, chlamydia, fine cuts. Positive Outcome: Empowers one through emotional understanding to heal the physical, works well topically on cuts and lesions.
- Star of Bethlehem-li – (Calectasia) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: person who resigns themselves to their lot in life, losing all hope for improvement when problems surround them. Possible symptoms: frustration, lacking in initiative to change. For those who feel there are blocks in the way of what they want to do, or people block their way, so that they resign themselves to the situation. This causes them frustration and prevents them from progressing towards something they see as their goal, or an achievement that gives them fulfillment. The healing properties of this flower allow these people to break through these blocks and be or achieve what they really desire.
- Sturt Desert Pea – Negative Condition: One of the most powerful of the essences. Deep hurt, sadness, emotional pain. Positive Outcome: Diffuses sad memories, letting go, motivates and re-energizes.
- Sturt Desert Rose - Negative Condition: Guilt, low self esteem as a consequence of some past action(s), easily led. Positive Outcome: For following your own inner convictions and morality.
- Sundew – Negative Condition: For those under the age of 28 who are vague, split, indecisive, daydreamers. Positive Outcome: Grounded, focused, living in the present.
- Sunshine Wattle - Negative Condition: Struggle, stuck in the past, expectation of a grim future. Positive Outcome: Optimism, acceptance of the beauty and joy in the present.
- Sydney Rose: Feeling separate, Deserted, unloved, or morbid. Realizing we are all one, feeling safe and at peace, heartfelt communication.
- Tall Mulla Mulla -is for people who are not at ease being with others. They prefer their own company and enjoy being alone but miss out on the emotional growth that interaction with others can bring. On an emotional level there is not much “circulating with people”, as it feels too troublesome and uncomfortable. They do not easily mix with others. They prefer to be alone where they know their own environment and can avoid confrontation with others. They will often go to any length to keep the peace even if it means agreeing to or saying things they don’t believe. They do not breath in life deeply for they prefer holding on to the familiar rather than being open to the new.
- Tall Yellow Top - Negative Condition: Alienation, lonely, isolated. Positive Outcome: Sense of belonging, knowing that you are “home”.
- Turkey Bush- Negative Condition: Creative block, disbelief in your own creative ability. Positive Outcome: Inspired creativity, creative expression, renews artistic confidence.
- Urchin Dryandra - (Dryandra praemorsa) Indemic to South-West W.A., the Dryandras (named after a Swedish botanist Dryander) have 56 species. They are closely related to the Banksie genus, which can be seen in leaf and flower shapes. This particular one, sometimes called Cut-leaf Dryandra because of the wide serrated form of the leaf, is typical of the species with large iridescent yellow flowers. This contrasts very strikingly with the emerald green leaves that are white underneath. Growing in many forest areas, they are never so beautiful as on the top of Mount Dale, the highest peak of the Darling Ranges, close to Perth where they cover the slopes with their contrasting colors in the early spring. Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the down trodden, the “underdog”, people in unequal relationships. Possible symptoms: inferiority complex, sadness. For those who are put down by another, this then causes them sadness. They feel, Why does this person have to be like this, why can’t they be supportive and kind to me? If such a situation continues they can start to suffer from an inferiority complex. The healing properties of this flower help them to discover their self worth.
- Ursinia – (Ursinia anthemoides) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: people with phobias. People who are cynical about joining groups and organizations. Disillusioned people who have high ideals and great expectations about group dynamics. Possible symptoms: anger, cynicism, frustration, critical of group life. For those who have expectations or ideals about a group, movement, or society (any collective body) and consequently join. When they first join they are normally bright eyed and enthusiastic but slowly they see the groups defects and shortfalls. When this happens they react, feeling that the group or organization did not perform as expected or love up to the group’s ideals. They then become critical, cynical, angry and frustrated and their behavior often is damaging or destructive for that group or organization. This remedy will work in two ways. If someone is bright eyed and enthusiastic about a group or organization it will enable them to see beyond their rose colored glasses and develop a realistic attitude towards the human element within the structures of groups. If, however, they become involved in a group and become frustrated and disillusioned, this remedy will enable them to realize that they are also a part of that human element within the group and therefore also responsible for the direction of the group. The Ursinia essence will also infuse the energy and desire to play a positive role so that any required change can manifest within the group. This remedy also enables one to remain objective and non personal even when attacked by those who serve their personal interests at the expense of the group.
- Veronica – (Hebe speciosa) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits: people whose perspective is not understood or taken notice of by others. Possible symptoms: feelings of alienation and isolation. For when there is a deep feeling of loneliness or isolation, and this causes sadness. A person feels that no one really knows them or understands them. This flower essence stops them focusing on how they are not being understood or related to. It helps them take hold of the situation by re-orienting their focus on how to deal with people, relate to them, or give out to them.
- Violet Butterfly - This essence calms the flaring sensitivities and emotional pain that so stress a person. For healing those who are feeling emotionally shattered during and after relationship traumas, such as break-ups. During these experiences they despair of any possibility of having love in their life. This essence speeds their emotional recovery, healing the damage and allowing them to pass on through to the rest of their life.
- Wallflower Donkey Orchid - (Diuris longifolia) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: People who have a chip on their shoulder about life. The person who believes they are a victim of circumstances. Possible symptoms: cynicism, bemoaning, disillusionment. This is for people who feel that people or life have been cruel to them and consequently become revengeful. At first they believe there will be much satisfaction from taking revenge, however after doing so they become even more empty and disillusioned. They feel repulsed by themselves for taking such action, and cheated by life, believing life gave them no choice but to react in the way they did. They then see how easy it is for people to hurt each other as they had been originally hurt. But instead of this realization lifting their spirits, it does the opposite, it makes them feel that life is a set up, a rotten joke. The healing properties of this Donkey Orchid enables them to realize that they do have a choice of how they react to people who have treated them unkindly and that they shouldn’t blame life, they should work on themselves. They can choose between a revengeful heart – or a heart that lets these people go out of their life, wishing them well on their journey. This sets them free from such people rather than locking into their psyche with thoughts of revenge. When they see this they no longer blame life but take responsibility for their actions.
- Waratah – Negative Condition: Black despair, suicidal, hopelessness, inability to respond to crisis. Positive Outcome: Courage, tenacity, strong faith, adaptability, survival skills.
- Wedding Bush - Negative Condition: Difficulty with commitment relationships – business, social, intimate, etc. Positive Outcome: Commitment in and to relation- ships, dedication to life purpose.
- West Australian Christmas Tree - (Nuytsia floribunda) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the spouse who looks for the company of friends more than family. Possible symptoms: emotional claustrophobia, restlessness. Lack of consistency or discipline, under pressure. This flower is for people who are basically of benevolent character, and are happy to give freely when not under pressure. However, in a group or family situation when the pressure of circumstances demand sacrifice, and curbing their independent activities, they freak out. Feeling hemmed in, they then feel they need a release valve, I have to get out! Even so these people still reap the benefits of their group energy or family. This places an unfair burden on the group or family. The healing properties of this flower allow them to surrender themselves to the needs of the group while maintaining their equipoise. This flower enables the unfolding, deep within, of the joy of giving and sharing, thereby dissolving the frustration of being hemmed in. Inner contentment is then discovered.
- West Australian Smoke Bush - (Conospermum stoechadis) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: student, housewife/husband, business people who are pressured to achieve where they have no desire. Possible symptoms: nervousness, eerie feelings, anxiety, fearfulness and, in the extreme, fear of going mad. For those who feel they are losing control of their mind. These people are often the types who accepted everything that was told them. Consequently they did not build up their own belief system or perspective on what life is all about. Or they are the type of people who have pressure of obligations and duties to do things that they don’t have their heart and soul in. They mechanically go about their day. Because of this, their inner self fails to take proper control of their lower mental bodies. That is why these people suffer from mental instability, panicky feelings and often feel they are going mad or losing control. In extreme cases they find they lose control and can’t get back into their body and thereby leave themselves open to unhealthy influences. The healing qualities of this flower work to integrate the person’s inner desire with their day to day life. This enables them to regain control of their lower mental bodies. The person taking this flower essence will experience being in the here and now, mental stability, and a renewed zest for life. Also the healing properties of this flower are good for where, in extreme cases, a person loses control and can’t connect their mind and body.
- White Eremophila - The essence of clarity for those engulfed in complexities and difficulties. To help one develop a broad perspective when mesy situations are threatening to drag you down. Helpful in maintaining equipoise, consistency and direction in your life.
- White Nymph Waterlily - For the uncovering of the deepest spiritual core. This is an essence of tranquility that encourages pulling back the layers to reach the soul level. It also inspires using the higher self to integrate and respond to Life from the most Universal perspective possible for one’s evolution at the time, rather than one’s personal perspective. Helpful for spiritual practices such as meditation.
- Wild Potato Bush - Negative Condition: Sense of being physically encumbered and being weighed down – the body not being able to respond as one would wish. Positive Outcome: Freedom, vitality, to move on in life.
- Wild Violet - (Hybathus calycinus) Healing Properties: Example of possible character traits and situations: the “kill-joy”, worrier, pessimist, complainer. Possible symptoms: melancholy, depression, small-mindedness. For people who are apprehensive, worried and pessimistic how things may turn out, consequently they miss many good opportunities in their life. However they do not see that it is their overcautious nature that is responsible, they blame life for not giving them the breaks. The healing properties in this flower give them a feeling of care-freeness, and the realization that it is their over-cautious nature that prevents many good things in life happening for them. This flower enables one to take a balanced attitude between caution and taking opportunities.
- Wisteria – Negative Condition: Specifically for women who get tense about sex and are unable to enjoy it or those who are afraid of intimacy. “Macho Male”. Positive Outcome: Sexual enjoyment, gentleness.
- Woolly Banksia - To be able to face new goals without fear of inevitable failure. For those who are losing heart this essence rekindles the desire to go ahead with ideals and goals when the struggle seems too much. Helpful during long, tiring and seemingly pointless phases in the journey to reach one’s higher aspirations.
- Woolly Smokebush - The essence of perspective and humility. Helps one avoid the traps of glamour and self importance so that life is seen with objectivity. Without this objectivity situations and one’s part in them can be neglected. Helpful for maintaining forward progress without distracting oneself.
- Yellow Boronia - (Megastigma lutea) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: people who have over-active minds, and consequently get easily scattered. Students finding study difficult. Possible symptoms: inability to follow a thought through and to focus on one thing. For those who find their mind easily distracted. If they let this trend continue they often find their mind is all over the place and they become scatter-brained. The healing properties of this flower stop one from getting needlessly distracted thereby allowing the person to regain a calm and centered mind.
- Yellow Cone Flower - (Conostylis aculeata) Healing Properties: Example of Possible Character Traits and situations: people who need to feel accepted by others, and therefore set themselves up to be used. Possible Symptoms: Inferiority complex, lack of self esteem. For those who feel people don’t consider them important enough. They find people use them and enlist their help but do not recognize how important or invaluable they are. The healing properties of this flower help them to drop the need to seek their recognition rating from others. It enables them to realize that it is how they feel about themselves that it is important, not external recognition.
- Yellow Cowslip Orchid - Negative Condition: Critical, judgmental, bureaucratic. Positive Outcome: Humanitarian concern, impartial – can step back from emotions, constructive, keen sense of arbitration, balances the pituitary gland.
- Yellow Flag Flower - (Patersonia Xanthia) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: People stressed by day to day chores that seem too big for them to handle. Possible symptoms: Naivety. Easy-going attitude. Stress. Inability to cope with trying events in their life. This remedy is for those whom as a consequence of handling life from a contented happy perspective, are not conditioned to handle the stress generated by intense or harsh times. When life creates harsh or problematical circumstances they lack the ability to handle the stress created. Life loses its sparkle and just becomes a long hard slog. They become overwhelmed by life instead of handling or dealing with the situation. This remedy gives one the strength, calmness and fortitude to deal with stress created by life’s upheavals.
- Yellow Leschenaultia - (Leschenaultia formosus, yellow) Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: those who are quick to dismiss the ideas of others. Those who believe they always know better, ie. The teacher, parent or teenager who dismiss others out of hand. Possible symptoms: inability to be open and listen, impatience, intolerance, in the intellectual sphere. The healing properties of this flower are for mental insensitivity. People who need this flower essence are impatient, intolerant, and insensitive towards people in conversation with them, towards communication and ideas from others. They get caught up in themselves and think,”Why do I have to waste my time talking to these people, I’ve got better things to do than to listen to their load of twaddle”. Having this attitude means they really don’t digest or consider what another person says to them, hence they often miss the point. The healing properties of this flower take away the impatience and intolerance thereby enabling them to get in touch with what others are trying to say.
- Yellow and Green Kangaroo Paw - (Anigozanthos manglesii) Portrait: This is another color form of the Red and Green Kangaroo Paw that occurs on occasion at the whim of this species. Originally we thought it must be the species flavidus but that Kangaroo Paw is small flowered in comparison to this beauty. It was in trying to solve the identification dilemma that we came upon the expert who knew the unusual phenomena of this plant and its color changing habits, and found that it was indeed a manglesii. Healing Properties: Examples of possible character traits and situations: the uncompro- mising parent or boss. The perfectionist, the hard task master. Possible symptoms: being super critical, intolerant. This essence is for those who are intolerant of imperfection and mistakes. They look at other people and believe that if a job is to be done it must be done properly. There are no ifs or buts, there is no room for mistakes. Unfortunately they often feel they are the only ones who can really do a job properly. The healing properties of this flower help them drop their intolerant judgmental attitude, and become more carefree and caring. What they often realize with this flower essence is that mistakes, if utilized properly, can help one towards perfection. It is the learning one achieves that is more important.